Are you always looking for products to help keep you looking your best?
Always buying those expensive creams and lotions with an endless list of ingredients, which never seem to give much of a result?
Have you ever thought about adopting a natural approach to beauty?
We’ve rustled up 9 of the best natural beauty tips for you. They’re inexpensive and will give you amazing results if used consistently. Not to mention you may have some of the ingredients in your fridge.
Curious to know what these tips are? Then keep reading…
How to treat/prevent wrinkles?
Wrinkles – we all want to get rid of them.
Unfortunately as we get older, we’re bound to get a faint print of crow’s feet around our eyes, darker under circles and slight sagginess in our skin. Sun damage, or the ultraviolet (UV) rays that come from the sun, is responsible for causing fine lines and wrinkles. It causes damaging substances called free radicals to be produced.
Answer – Pineapples.
This yummy and exotic fruit is not only delicious but also consists of vitamin C, which is great for your skin especially for targeting wrinkles! Apply pineapple pulp to your skin, leave it for around 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
You can also use pineapple juice to massage into your skin for 5 minutes in a circular motion. This helps with the blood circulation, toning your skin and helping to avert the appearance of wrinkles!
How do you get rid of dark circles?
Having darkness under our eyes can make us feel as if we look exhausted, drained and sometimes even ill. That’s because the skin under our eyes is very thin and delicate, which can immediately reflect our lack of health.
However, some people may naturally have dark circles due to it being inherited, yet some have dark circles due to lack of sleep or excessive consumption of alcohol.
Answer – Potatoes.
The use of a potato can help cure and reduce the darkness under your eyes. Potatoes contain bleaching agents which can help to lighten the darkness under your eyes.
What to do?
1) Pop two potatoes in the refrigerator for a few hours so they’re nice and cold (this will feel so refreshing on your skin).
2) Peel and grate the potato.
3) Extract all the potato juice out of it (use a tea strainer or a sieve for this).
4) Dip a cotton ball in the juice and apply it around your eyes.
5) Let it sit on your skin for about 10-15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
How do you to get rid of dry and damaged hair?
Is your hair feeling dry, damaged and rough due to excessive use of hot hair straightners, heated curling wands and hair dryers? Or maybe your hair’s just lacking moisture? We have the perfect recipe that will quench your hair’s thirst.
Answer – Avocados.
1) Mash up half to a whole avocado (depending on the thickness and length of your hair) and two teaspoons of olive oil together until you have a fairly smooth consistency.
2) Massage the mixture onto your hair, focusing it more on the dry ends and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
3) Rinse your hair thoroughly and then continue to wash with shampoo and conditioner. Avocado and olive oil are both very moisturizing ingredients, which can help to combat dry, damaged and frizzy hair.
How do you treat dull and weakened hair?
Sometimes a store bought hair conditioner is not enough to replenish your hair and those dry ends. Especially if you color your hair occasionally, use heaps of hair products and lots of heat. Let nature work its wonders with our egg-cellent natural hair treatment.
Answer – Eggs.
1) Whisk an egg or two (depending on the length or thickness of your hair) with two tablespoons of coconut oil and two tablespoons of sesame oil.
2) Apply the mixture to dry hair and wrap a hot, moist towel around your head.
3) Rest with the treatment and towel in your hair for around 10-15 minutes.
4) Shampoo your hair with the treatment, but without wetting your hair first.
5) Once you have massaged the shampoo into your hair, rinse off with warm water and add some conditioner to your now fab replenished locks.
How to get rid of dry skin?
Dry skin can be due to lack of exfoliating and moisture, sun burn and/or skin conditions. Regardless of the causes, dry skin can be very uncomfortable. I mean who likes the feeling of having tight, flaky and rough skin?!Well, we might just have the cure for you… (and its 100% natural).
Answer – Lemons.
1) Squeeze out all the juice of one lemon and mix with five tablespoons of sugar and one tablespoon of olive oil.
2) Rub the mixture onto your face in a circular motion – for your body, use a loofa or exfoliating gloves to rub into your skin.
3) Massage the mixture on your face for around 3 minutes and 5-7 minutes on your body.
4) Rinse off with warm water and say hello to skin as smooth as a baby’s bottom.
The lemon contains natural alpha-hydroxy fruit acids which loosens the ‘glue’ that binds dead skin cells together. The sugar works as a gentle exfoliator, helping to remove dead skin cells, cleanses pores and helps to increase cell turnover. The olive oil is rich in vitamin E which nourishes and conditions the skin.
How to get rid of dry and rough hands?
Our hands are always in action, whether we’re making a cup of tea, driving around town or filing paper work! Regardless, our hands are always in use and can often be a victim of dry skin. However, a bit of exfoliation every so often can really do wonders. So say goodbye to dry, rough hands…
Answer – Almonds.
1) Pour one ounce of ground almonds, one teaspoon of clear honey, two teaspoons of walnut or sunflower oil and a squeeze of lemon juice into a bowl.
2) Mix all of the ingredients together until a thick paste is formed.
3) Use a spoon to apply some of the mixture all over your hand and start to rub your hands together in a circular motion – the harder you rub the more the dead skins cells will be removed.
4) Do this for around 4-6 minutes and wash off with warm water. This natural remedy cleanses your skins and helps keep it moisturized!
How do I make my skin more soft and supple?
Is your skin feeling a dull and needs a bit of moisture injected into it? This peach and honey mask will leave your skin feeling like silk and smells divine. Just be sure not to eat it (…okay maybe you can if there’s leftovers 🙂
Answer – Peaches.
1) Mash one large, skinned peach and mix with three teaspoons of honey and two tablespoons of yoghurt until you have a smooth to thick paste.
2) Apply the mixture evenly to wet skin and let the mask sit for around ten minutes.
3) Wash off with warm water by massaging the mask into your skin at the same time.
4) Pat your face dry, apply your regular toner and moisturizer – and say hello to silky smooth skin.
Peaches are great for regenerating the skin’s tissue and giving it a good glow. Yoghurt is another great anti-aging ingredient. It helps to naturally reduce fine lines and wrinkles, dissolving dead skin cells and tightening pores (an all rounder here). Leave the honey to help retain the skin’s moisture.
How do I get rid of age spots?
Age spots are the result of an excess production of melanin or skin pigment. Skin aging, sun exposure or ultraviolet (UV) lights from sun beds could also be a cause of age spots. However, with use of our natural remedy can help to reduce age spots.
Answer – Lemon, milk and egg whites.
1) Whisk together one teaspoon of lemon, half a teaspoon of milk cream and one teaspoon of egg white.
2) Apply the mixture onto your skin, or wherever the age spots are and leave for fifteen minutes.
3) Continue this procedure two-three times a week to see faster results.
The vitamin C within lemons is a strong anti oxidant and also comprises of bleaching properties, which can help to lighten dark spots and freckles on the skin!
How do I make my skin feel firmer and less saggy?
Loss of firmness and sagginess within the skin is just a natural symptom of aging. However, there are ways to improve your skin texture to make it firmer and tight.
Answer – Papaya.
1) Grab a very ripe papaya and chop it up into small pieces.
2) Mash up the small chunks until you get a smooth paste.
3) Apply the mixture to your face and let it rest for 15 minutes.
4) Wash away with warm water and say hello to firmer looking skin 🙂
Papaya is highly enriched with vitamin A which means it has strong antioxidant properties which help prevent wrinkles! That means younger, firmer and plumper looking skin.
Try swapping your store bought cosmetics and dig deep in your fridge to grab those yummy fruits. Believe me, it’s much cheaper, much more effective in the long term, and 100% natural!